Become an instructor
MHFA England is proud to be in a position to offer two MHFA instructor training programmes:
The aims are to:
• Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
• Feel confident helping someone experiencing a problem
• Provide help on a first aid basis
• Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
• Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
• Help someone recover faster
• Guide someone towards the right support
• Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
Following the 7 days training, instructors are required to co-deliver 2 MHFA courses within a year to become approved. Both instructors can count these courses. A longer period may be agreed with the instructor's mentor at the mentors discretion.
After this, instructors are asked to deliver (co-delivery is encouraged, and again both instructors can count these courses) 2 MHFA courses in each subsequent year after approval.
The MHFA course can be delivered to a maximum number of 16 participants.
Additionally, instructors are required to pay an annual membership fee (£60) and attend one CPD training event per year - MHFA run or external (Please click here for details and costs of this years MHFA CPD training events).