What will I learn?
Our quality assured MHFA instructors deliver training that has been designed to fit into four manageable chunks. These are:
_What is mental health?
_Suicide and depression
_Anxiety, eating disorders, and self harm
In each section you’ll learn how to:
_Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
_Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
_Provide help on a first aid basis
_Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
_Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
_Help someone recover faster
_Guide someone towards the right support
_Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.
How will I learn?
The MHFA Standard course usually takes place over two full days. However, the delivery of this course is flexible and may be delivered over a number of sessions.
The sessions will be a mix of presentations, discussions, and group work activities. Our instructors provide a safe learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don’t feel comfortable joining in certain parts, then there is no pressure to.
Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our courses, we limit numbers to 16 people. We want everyone to feel safe and our instructors can help if people find some parts particularly difficult.
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources. When you have completed the course you will receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider.
Who can attend?
The course is for everyone aged 16 and upwards and you don’t need any qualifications or experience in mental health to take part. Why not check out what a few people have said about MHFA by clicking here?
How do I book onto a course?
You can register your interest by using the course booker at the bottom of this page. This will send an email to the instructor running the course who will then get in touch to confirm your place.
Using the booking form below does not guarantee you a place. Please do not book any travel or accommodation until you have received your confirmation email.
Want to know more about the course content?
Simply email us at email@example.com or give us a ring on 020 7250 8062 where one of us will be more than happy to give you further guidance.
- 24 May MHFA Standard course (24 25May 2016) Liverpool, United Kingdom CLOSED
- 25 May MHFA Standard course (25 26 May 2016) Birmingham, United Kingdom CLOSED
- 25 May MHFA Standard course (25 26 May 2016) London, United Kingdom CLOSED
- 25 May MHFA Standard course (25 26 May 2016) Eastbourne, United Kingdom BOOK NOW
- 25 May MHFA Standard course (25 26 May 2016) Godshill, United Kingdom BOOK NOW
- 26 May MHFA Standard course (26 27 May 2016) London, United Kingdom BOOK NOW
- 26 May MHFA Standard course (26 27 May 2016) Birmingham, United Kingdom BOOK NOW
- 26 May MHFA Standard course (26 27 May 2016) Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom CLOSED
- 26 May MHFA Standard course (26 27 May 2016) Carlisle, United Kingdom CLOSED
- 28 May MHFA Standard course (28 29 May 2016) Chester, United Kingdom CLOSED
Search for MHFA Standard Courses
If you still can't find what you're looking for, then either drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7250 8062 and we'll see what we can do.
"After 20 years of doing my job I thought I had done every course going. I was wrong and feel so happy that I still can get new info and excited about something that is very important to me."
"I've worked in mental health for 14 years & have learnt more from this course about the different kinds of mental health problems."