- Workplace Instructor ()
Course Accreditation Status
Jane is a MHFA Instructor for both Youth and Adult programmes, and is qualified to deliver a range of half day, one day and two day MHFA courses.
Jane's background is in Clinical Research (development of new medicines within GlaxoSmithKline; International R & D) and Medical Education (including taught courses, clinical experience programmes in hospital settings and e-learning, worldwide).In addition to running the Medical Education company she founded some 15 years ago, Jane has also established a multidisciplinary clinic in Guildford, Surrey with a focus on mental health and emotional wellbeing throughout the lifespan.This clinical team includes a strong panel of psychological/ psychiatric practitioners, including Consultant Psychiatrists, Clinical and Counselling Psychologists, Counsellors/Psychotherapists, plus other related disciplines, such as Dieticians, Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists etc in recognition of the importance of holistic care in emotional wellbeing and mental health issues..
Jane attended Manchester University, where she studied Botany,with Zoology and Psychology. She holds a 1st class Honours Degree. Jane also studied in London - Masters in Behavioural Biology, and for her teaching qualification. Jane continues to attend regular CPD events and other development programmes.
- Just wanted to send huge thanks to you for the fantastically informative course and also for all the subsequent useful information via email
- I just wanted to drop you a line to express my heartfelt thanks to you for delivering an amazing course to us over the last 2 days. What a lot you squeezed in! You gave deeply moving, personal stories, which demonstrated with (alarming at times) clarity the devastating effects that poor mental health can have if left untreated. Thank you for your honesty and openness. I wish you the very best with the ongoing delivery of this training to as many people as possible!
- Jane created a very supportive and open learning atmosphere and showed incredible empathy to each group member
- Totally in control of the information. Very brave
- Feel very lucky to have been able to do this course. Really hope it becomes more widely publicised and available. Also, possibly adapted for delivery to young people in secondary school
- What an amazing 2 days. Feel like I have been given a comprehensive “tool kit” for Mental Health First Aid. Thank you, thank you, thank you.