Course Accreditation Status
Based in Kenilworth in the Midlands, I travel across the UK delivering training and consultancy support to organisations to enhance their confidence around mental health and disability. I have had an interest in mental health and the psychology of the mind since long before University, quite possibly shaped by personal experiences growing up with close family / friends affected by mental ill health.
I set up Illuminate in November 2013 as I recognised through my experience as a Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant and Trainer, that there is still a stigma surrounding mental health and disability and I am passionate about promoting awareness and sharing best practice in how to effectively support others.
To expand on my knowledge of mental health, I recently trained as a Mental Health First Aid instructor and my background working with both corporate and public sector organisations means I can bring the training to life with case studies and examples.
Outside of work I am also a true people person. I love socialising, networking and spending time with my friends, my partner, my family (and my mad cat).
Please do get in touch if you have any queries about the Mental Health First Aid courses and how this can work as part of your wellbeing strategy - 07784 558552 / firstname.lastname@example.org
My background is Occupational Psychology, and I am a trained Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant, working to support and promote better mental health in organisations. My experience is with both local SMEs and large international organisations. Some of the clients I have delivered training to include: DHL, Deutsche Bank, Highways Agency, Nestle, Securitas, Mitie, M&S, Santander, MacDonalds, Tesco, and Asda.
Director, Trainer & Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant - Illuminate VR Services Ltd - 2013 - present
- Responsible for the design, development delivery and evaluation of specialist management training: mental wellbeing awareness, resilience, stress management, and disability confidence training
- Much of the design has been bespoke work, tailoring existing half and full day sessions to meet the specific needs of the organisation
- Delivery of training through Coventry City Council in connection with the Workplace Wellbeing Charter
- Training is highly interactive, using a range of delivery techniques using the TAP method to ensure objectives are measurable and achievable
- Providing advice and guidance to line managers, HR professionals, and solicitors around effective disability and absence management policies, reasonable adjustments, legal requirements, job fit and likelihood of return to work
- Preferred supplier for DHL Supply Chain Ltd since January 2015 delivering training workshops to management on a regular basis
- Extensive case management experience - involved in implementing, monitoring and closing individuals action plans
- Writing comprehensive reports detailing recommendations, reasonable adjustments, in depth job research and signposting for further support
- Vast experience of supporting individuals with a range of mental health conditions in the workplace
- Highly experienced in supporting individuals with specific learning difficulties including ADHD, ADD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Liaising with all key stakeholders to ensure the correct service and support is provided to clients
- Mental Health First Aid Instructor - 2-day, 1-day and half-day
- Certified Everything DiSC Facilitator
- TAP.Cert – Certificate in Training Delivery
- MSc Occupational Psychology, University of Sheffield
- Certified Disability Management Professional (CDMP) through the National Institute of Disability Management and Research (NIDMAR)
- BSc Psychology, University of Leicester
- Accredited to complete Dyslexia Vocational Evaluations (Dyslexia Foundation)
- Level 3 Award in Education & Training (formerly PTLLS)
- Psychometric test user (A & B) in personality and ability testing