Course Accreditation Status
I have a background in health and wellbeing centred around mental and physical health. I am a wellbeing consultant, an accredited Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England Instructor and an active Mental Health First Aider which enables me to provide practical insights to illustrate the course content.
I ensure that mental health first aid training courses are accessible so no prior knowledge or experience of working with mental ill-health is required. Attendees will be supported to increase mental health literacy, reduce the stigma associated with mental ill-health and increase their skills and confidence in how to support others who may be experiencing mental ill-health.
I also share my expertise in nutrition and wellbeing to illustrate the importance of self-care for positive mental health. This includes nutrients for brain and hormone health and the positive influence of exercise, relaxation and sleep.
Courses are held in light and comfortable venues with attendance limited to 16 (25 for the half-day) to provide a safe and supportive space for learners.
I'm based in London and deliver the following courses:
- Adult Mental Health First Aid Training (MHFA) Two Day (£300)
- Adult One Day Champions (£200)
- Adult Half-Day Mental Health Aware (£125)
Mental health first aid training courses take place in Croydon and Clapham in South London and London Bridge / Tower Hill in central London at the following venues:
The Psychosynthesis Trust
92-94 Tooley Street
London SE1 2TH
(a few minutes' walk from London Bridge Stations)
London Connected Learning Centre (Clapham)
Rectory Grove, London, SW4 0EL
(Walking distance from station: Clapham Common - 7 mins, Clapham North and Clapham High St - 14 mins, Wandsworth Road - 9 mins, Stockwell - 22 mins)
Sussex Innovation Centre (Croydon)
12-16 Addiscombe Road
Croydon. CRO 0XT
(opposite East Croydon Station)
I have delivered training to a range of delegates from corporate, public, education and third sector organisations such as Deloitte, Allianz, Vonage, NHS, Beckmead Family of Schools and Bromley Council.
Recent feedback on the Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) 2 Day Course:
• I really enjoyed the course and learned so much from it. It has confirmed my wanting to train to be an instructor. Thanks Esther for facilitating our group so well - you were so calm and so knowledgeable. (Dec 2019)
• Brilliant instructor, made the course interesting and engaging. (Dec 2019)
• Thoroughly engaging delivery of the course. Knowledgeable and passionate about subject material. Very enjoyable two day course. (Dec 2019)
• I really enjoyed these days. They were informative and gave me good strategies to take away. (Nov 19)
• Excellent course, very well delivered. Felt like a very safe space to ask questions and Esther has a wealth of knowledge. (Nov 19)
• I really enjoyed the course. It is one of those practical and applicable life skill that will be of benefit in all facets of life. For the workplace; it’s a great addendum to my mentoring role as a senior staff member. This course will go a long way in helping me to promote a caring culture in my NHS organisation. I work in the field of oncology which can be quite draining for practitioners. MHFA will strengthen and help me to lend a hand to colleagues in those upsetting times. (Nov 2019)
• Thanks Esther for the excellent delivery of the program that really brought it to life for us.' (Aug 2019)
• We both felt that you delivered the course content extremely well, given the tone of some of the subject matters (June 2019)
• Excellent, great atmosphere, informal but informative. (May 2019)
• Great course - learned more than I thought I would. (May 2019)
• I felt the course was very good. Keep my attention throughout the two days. Thank you. (May 2019)
www.thriveandwell.co.uk / email@example.com / 07852 754 179
I've worked for various government organisations such as the House of Commons, Greater London Authority and the Equality and Human Rights Commission. I have management level experience and thus a good understanding of organisational policies and procedures and mental health at work.
My current undertakings include:
Associate trainer with various health and wellbeing companies
Managing governance for the Royal College of Midwives
Mayor of London Enterprise Adviser connecting schools to businesses to enhance young people's career prospects
• Diploma in Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy
• Mental Health First Aid (England) Instructor
• Accredited Mental Health First Aider
• Integrated Mindfulness and Compassion in Professional Practice (Counselling & Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body)
• Postgrad Diploma in Marketing Management
• Yoga teacher training diploma