Course Accreditation Status
"In a previous life", I dedicated the best part of 30 years to senior corporate leadership roles within retail, hospitality and entertainment - embodying a definite work-life imbalance. I have personally experienced how stress, anxiety and depression are intricately interwoven with our health - be it physical or mental. This was irrevocably reinforced when I lost my father - a respected medical General Practititioner - to suicide.
We can dissect the facts and the figures, but every statistic is a person - a valued member of someone's family. Prevention is better than cure, and early intervention is therefore vital - particularly when you consider that 50% of mental health problems are established by the age of 14, and 75% by the age of 24.*
Colin Symington-Bailey is the Amazon #1 best-selling author of "What DO You Think?" and the Chief Resilience Officer at Mental Wealth | Resilient Minds UK. Certified in ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), Colin was recently honoured as Mental Health Professional of the Year (2020), and the winner of Excellence in Mental Health Coaching in Corporate LiveWire's 2019 Innovation and Excellence Awards. Colin was also named the Most Trusted in Mental Healthcare Services in The Global Business Insight Awards of 2019.
Colin was nominated for The World Happiness Awards in the category of Education and Happiness, and has also delivered a talk on resilience and happiness at The 2021 Gross Global Happiness Summit at the United Nations established University for Peace in Costa Rica.
Colin holds a diploma in Couples and Family Therapy, and is a multi award-winning Neurozone certified MasterCoach and Eating Psychology Coach, having qualified with merit through The Coaching Academy - the world's largest coach training organisation of its type - where he also certified as a Recovery Coach.
Colin is the University of Roehampton's Mental Health First Aid Trainer - currently the only role of its kind in the United Kingdom - and also delivers Mental Health First Aid Training on behalf of St John Ambulance - the nation's leading first aid charity.
Furthermore, as an accredited consultant for the world-renowned Proctor Gallagher Institute, Colin is privileged to be personally mentored by Bob Proctor - widely considered to be one of the world's greatest teachers on the topics of human potential, success, and growth.
Colin has four times been honoured as "The UK's Independent Life Coach of the Year" in The ACQ5 Global Awards, (2018 -2021), and three times "The UK's Most Outstanding Life Coach" in The Corporate Excellence Awards, (2019 - 2021). Colin was also named in The World HRD Congress' "101 Most Fabulous Global Coaching Leaders" and a "Best Practice Operator" (for the UK) in The ACQ5 Country Awards, 2020. He was also shortlisted in The Silicon Review's 50 Leading Companies of the Year.
Colin has been published in Thrive Global, CV Magazine, One Tribe Magazine, and Corporate LiveWire Magazine, and in 2018, he was invited to contribute towards Winspiration Day - as one of only ninety selected global thought-leaders and educators - sharing the global stage with Bob Proctor and Blaine Bartlett, among others... Colin also serves on the WBECS (World Business and Executive Coach Summit) coaching team.
Colin has attended Tony Robbins' flagship live event, "Unleash The Power Within", and in September, 2017, attended Brendon Burchard's High Performance Academy in San Diego, California - certifying as a High Performance Master. Colin is also a Neurozone certified coach - unlocking high performance, building resilience, and preventing burnout.
Colin is certified also in "The Science of Happiness" through Berkeley, the University of California, "The Science of Wellbeing" through Yale and "Buddhism Through Its Scriptures" through Harvard University. He holds a Level 3 certification in Education and Training, and is also certified in Whitbread's Group Training Delivery. He is an NLP Master Practitioner, a CBT Practitioner, and also holds Level 2 qualifications in "The Awareness of Mental Health Problems", "Understanding Working With People With Mental Health Needs" and "Understanding Nutrition and Health".
*Kessler RC, Berglund P, Demler O, Jin R, Merikangas KR, Walters EE. (2005). Lifetime Prevalence and Age-of-Onset Distributions of DSM-IV Disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Archives of General Psychiatry, 62 (6) pp. 593-602. doi:10.1001/archpsyc.62.6.593.
Colin Symington-Bailey studied Hotel Management at The Durban Institute of Technology - emerging with distinction - and amassed the best part of 30 years' experience in senior managerial and training roles within the Hospitality, Entertainment and Retail sectors - culminating in the role of Master Trainer at Lillywhites, Piccadilly Circus.
To put it simply, Colin understands what "makes people tick" - both personally and professionally.
With experience in major corporations such as McDonald's, Holiday Inn, Sun International (where he had the honour of meeting - and preparing breakfast for - Nelson Mandela), Southern Sun, Whitbread, Tesco, ASDA WAL*MART, SportsDirect, VUE Entertainment, Debenhams and Lillywhites (to name but a few,) Colin also possess extensive knowledge of the corporate arena.
Colin is the University of Roehampton's Mental Health First Aid Trainer - currently the only role of its kind in the UK - and also delivers Mental Health First Aid Training on behalf of St John Ambulance - the nation's leading first aid charity, where first aid may just be the difference between a life lost and a life saved.
* Mental Health Professional of the Year - Corporate LiveWire Innovation and Excellence Awards, 2020
* Headline speaker at The 2021 Gross Global Happiness Summit at The United Nations established University for Peace, Costa Rica .
* ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) Certified
* Psychological First Aid (PFA): Supporting Children and Young People - Public Health England
* Suicide Awareness Training - Zero Suicide Alliance
* The Science of Happiness - University of California, Berkeley
* The Science of Wellbeing - Yale University
* Diploma in Recovery Coaching - The Coaching Academy
* Diploma in The Psychology of Eating (Distinction)
* Excellence in Mental Health Coaching - Corporate LiveWire Innovation and Excellence Awards, 2019
* Most Trusted in Mental Healthcare Services - The Global Business Insight Awards, 2019
* Nominated for The World Happiness Awards in the category of Education and Happiness
* Neurozone Certified Coach - 2019
* Personal Performance Coaching Diploma - The Coaching Academy (Merit)
* Certified High Performance Master - Brendon Burchard's High Performance Academy
* NLP Master Practitioner - The Academy of Modern Applied Psychology
* CBT Practitioner - The Academy of Modern Applied Psychology
* Diploma in Couples and Family Therapy (Distinction)
* Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence Facilitator Practitioner
* Buddhism Through Its Scriptures - Harvard University
* The UK's Most Outstanding Life Coach - Corporate Excellence Awards, 2019 and 2020
* UK Independent Life Coach of the Year - ACQ5 Global Awards, 2018, 2019 and 2020
* Level 3 Qualification in Education and Training - 2019
* Level 2 Qualification in "The Awareness of Mental Health Problems", 2019
* Level 2 Qualification in "Understanding Working With People With Mental Health Needs", 2021
* Level 2 Qualification in "Understanding Nutrition and Health", 2020