Course Accreditation Status
"In a previous life", I dedicated the best part of 25 years to senior management roles in retail and hospitality - embodying a definite work-life imbalance. I have personally experienced how stress, anxiety and depression are interwoven with our health – both physical and mental. This point was irrevocably forced home when – just over four years ago – my father chose to end his own life.
We observe the facts and the figures, but every statistic is a person – a valued member of someone’s family.
Prevention is better than cure. And early intervention is vital - 50% of mental health problems are established by the age of 14, and 75% by the age of 24.*
Colin Symington-Bailey is the best-selling author of "What DO You Think?" and founder of CS-BCoaching. Colin is a multi award-winning CPD Accredited MasterCoach, and certified Eating Psychology Coach, having qualified with merit through The Coaching Academy - the world's largest coach training organisation of its type. Certified in ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training), Colin was also recently honoured as "The UK's Most Trusted in Mental Healthcare" in The Global Business Insight Awards, 2019. Colin also holds a diploma in Couples and Family Therapy.
Furthermore, as a certified consultant within the world-renowned Proctor Gallagher Institute, Colin is privileged to be personally mentored by Bob Proctor - widely considered to be one of the world's greatest teachers on the topics of human potential, success, and growth.
Colin was honoured as The UK's Most Outstanding Life Coach in the Corporate Excellence Awards, 2019; The UK Independent Life Coach of the Year in The ACQ5 Global Awards, 2018, and Life Coach of the Year in Corporate Livewire's Innovation and Excellence Awards, 2019. Colin was also "Highly Commended" as a finalist in the 2018 Centre of Excellence Awards' "Entrepreneur of the Year", and was nominated for "Speaker of the Year" in the GTeX Awards, 2019. Colin has been featured in CV Magazine's "2018 Coaching Elite", and was shortlisted in two categories for The International Coaching Awards, 2017 - "Life Coach of the Year", and "International Life Coach of the Year".
Colin was invited to contribute towards Winspiration Day, 2018 - as one of ninety selected global thought-leaders and educators - sharing the global stage with Bob Proctor and Blaine Bartlett, among others... Colin has also been invited on to the WBECS (World Business and Executive Coach Summit) coaching team.
Colin has attended Tony Robbins' flagship live event, "Unleash The Power Within", and in September, 2017, attended Brendon Burchard's "High Performance Academy" live seminar in San Diego, California, and has gone on to certify as a High Performance Master.
Colin is certified also in "The Science of Happiness" through Berkeley, University of California, and "Buddhism Through Its Scriptures" through Harvard University. Colin is also certified in Whitbread's Group Training Delivery, as well as in Stress Management and Train the Trainer.
*(Kessler RC, Berglund P, Demler O, Jin R, Merikangas KR, Walters EE. (2005). Lifetime Prevalence and Age-of-Onset Distributions of DSM-IV Disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey Replication. Archives of General Psychiatry, 62 (6) pp. 593-602. doi:10.1001/archpsyc.62.6.593.)
Colin Symington-Bailey studied Hotel Management at The Durban Institute of Technology - emerging with distinction - and amassed the best part of 25 years' experience in senior managerial and training roles within the Hospitality and Retail sectors - culminating in the role of Master Trainer at Lillywhites, Piccadilly Circus.
To put it simply, Colin understands what "makes people tick" - both personally and professionally.
With experience in major corporations such as McDonald's, Holiday Inn, Sun International (where he had the honour of meeting Nelson Mandela), Southern Sun, Whitbread, Tesco, ASDA WAL*MART, SportsDirect, Debenhams and Lillywhites (to name but a few,) Colin also possess extensive knowledge of the corporate arena.
Through a unique blend of Coaching, NLP, Mindfulness, and Neuroscience; coupled with extensive managerial and interpersonal experience - delivering exceptional (award-winning) customer service - Colin synthesises confidence and clarity from stress and overwhelm.
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training)
- Most Trusted in Mental Healthcare (UK) - Global Business Insight Awards, 2019
- Personal Performance Coaching Diploma - The Coaching Academy (Merit)
- Certified High Performance Master - Brendon Burchard's High Performance Academy
- NLP Master Practitioner - The Academy of Modern Applied Psychology
- Recovery Coaching - The Coaching Academy
- Diploma in The Psychology of Eating (Distinction)
- Diploma in Couples and Family Therapy (Distinction)
- Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence Facilitator Practitioner
- "Buddhism Through Its Scriptures" - Harvard University
- "The Science of Happiness" - University of California, Berkeley
- Most Outstanding Life Coach (UK) - Corporate Excellence Awards, 2019
- UK Independent Life Coach of the Year - ACQ5 Global Awards, 2018
- UK Life Coach of the Year - Corporate Livewire Innovation and Excellence Awards, 2019
- "2018 Coaching Elite" - CV Magazine
- Shortlisted for "Speaker of the Year" - GTeX Awards, 2019
- Shortlisted for Life Coach of the Year, and International Life Coach of the Year - The International Coaching Awards, 2017